- Throughout the year, a variety of programs are offered from Introduction to Agility to Masters/Challenge classes. Every 6-10 week session offers different special interest classes.
- Foundation classes are the basis for training and are continuous year round.
- CODAC utilizes programs produced by a top Canadian Dog Agility Coach Kathy Keats, and is committed to teaching the Greg Derrett handling system.
- With introductory programs offered twice yearly, our training emphasis is building the relationship between the handler and the dog so that solid foundation skills are taught. Once foundation skills are taught, the team safely moves onto the dog agility equipment.
- Young handlers should be around 12 years of age and have a connection to their dog.
- All dogs involved in programs should demonstrate "Good Citizen" qualities and a basic level of obedience.
- A ratio of 1 coach per 4-5 handlers is maintained. This assures that each member gets personal instruction.
- Only positive training methods are used to build the team. Dogs are never forced to do anything. We only reward and motivate our dogs with praise, toy play, and food.
Training Equipment Required
- Buckle collar
- 6 foot obedience leash
- Lots of small, soft treats such as Rollover, cheese, liver
- Toy motivator (tug toy)
- Crate or exercise pen (dog should be able to sit in the crate without touching the roof)
- Clicker and target (available at CODAC at minimal cost)
- All coaches are trained, educated and experienced in agility and have earned titles and championships.
- All coaches attend yearly in-services provided by CODAC to ensure a unified training approach using latest teaching methods.
- All coaches have access to a coaches resource library of teaching aids.
- All coaches are committed to encouraging handlers and their dogs to have fun while building agility foundation skills.
The Central Okanagan Dog Agility Club (C.O.D.A.C.)
3345 Bulman Road
(250) 765-1145 email@example.com
is a non-profit society that is registered
with the Agility Association of Canada